This post is about “excerpts for pages”.
By default, the
page post type does not support Excerpts.
Nor, for that matter, do most other post types.
- A couple of years ago I wrote a one line plugin called oik post type support.
- To demonstrate it I created H2GD Part 16.17: excerpts for pages as an example of a page with an excerpt.
- Now I’m creating the H2GD categorized post entry to point to it.
Use oik-types to add support for excerpts
- In the original page I mentioned that I intended to extend the logic for oik-post-type-support.
- But when I developed the code to do it I decided to create a separate plugin: oik-types
- People using oik-post-type-support could continue to use a nice simple plugin
- Those who wanted more capability would use oik-types
- Note: oik-types is dependent upon oik fields
- oik-types allows you to override the post type supports values for: title, editor, author, thumbnail, excerpt, trackbacks, custom-fields, comments, revisions, page-attributes, post-formats AND extensions such as publicize and home.
- And you can do it for any post type.