The last question in What is in your development environment? was “Anything else in your development toolkit?”
Here are my soft answers:
- All the reference material on WordPress.org and the multitude of WordPress related sites that live and breathe WordPress.
- wp-a2z.org and its sub domains for Blocks and FSE themes, WooCommerce and Jetpack.
- I’ve thrown away all my Drupal books, and don’t having many WordPress ones left either.
- Seagate Disk Wizard – for taking those Oh so important backups.
- A TODO list – I used to have it implemented as a custom post type. Originally it wasn’t intended to be a WORN implementation ( Write Once Read Never ), more a round tuit.
- Nowadays I use GitHub issues. Every now and then I try to prioritise the issues. At least I’ve closed more than I’ve raised.
- Problem Solving – Top 10 questions to ask when something doesn’t work
- Multiple development environments and a dashboard showing me which versions of plugins I have installed in each, plus a whole lot more.
- My home grown WordPress batch facility: oik-batch
- Command Prompts – the DOS box
- Finally, Garmin S40 Golf GPS… It doesn’t help with WordPress but you need to have some time away from the keyboard 🙂