Currently – since Feb 2016
- Windows 10
- Apache server 2.4.18 (Win64)
- MySQL Community Server (GPL) 5.6.15 for Win64 (x86_64)
- PHP 7.0.7
Also, phpMyAdmin 4.2.11, which is well behind the latest version 4.6.4
- Apache 2.4 is actually installed in
- Document root:
- Document root contents:
- WordPress is installed in document root to satisfy an old requirement of buddypress, or was it bbpress; it couldn’t be run in a sub-directory install.
- Subdirectories: are one per project, each with its own WordPress installation and MySQL database.
- The primary development folder is the imaginatively named
plugins and themes
wordpresssubdirectory each of my own plugins and themes is a separate Git repository.
c:\ apache\ htdocs\ wordpress\ wp-content\ plugins\ ... a lot of plugin folders ( over 200, not all active ) themes\ ... not as many themes ( over 100, many Artisteer generated )
In the other environments many of the plugins and themes are symlinked to the
cd \apache\htdocs\wp-a2z\wp-content\plugins mklink /J oik-privacy-policy C:\apache\htdocs\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\oik-privacy-policy
# Zero tolerance for PHP Notify messages define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true ); // My code for oik-bwtrace startup
date.timezone = 'UTC'
my.ini – umm…
# suggestion from http://drupal.org/node/186384 max_allowed_packet=64M
- WordPress plugins
- Server environments
- Development hardware
- WAMP configuration
- Tools and languages
- Version control
- What’s not in my development environment?
- Anything else in your development toolkit?
- Windows 8.1
- Apache server 2.4.10 (Win64)
- MySQL Community Server (GPL) 5.6.15
- PHP 5.5.18
- phpMyAdmin 4.2.11
Before Nov 2014
- PHP is 5.3.5 because… that’s the last version that works with the
- Apache 2.2.15 server
- MySQL 5.1.45
- phpMyAdmin 3.2.5