All of my own obviously, plus my favourites
Of my own plugins…
I could not be without the oik base plugin, upon which nearly all of my other plugins are built.
My current favourites are:
- oik fields and oik-types – for defining and displaying post meta data. Note: I was involved in, but haven’t put much effort into, the post meta project. I prefer to register custom post types and fields in plugins but I have found the ability to override registered behaviour using oik-types to be a godsend.
- oik-css and oik-rwd – for defining custom CSS.
- oik plugins server and oik themes server – for delivery of my plugins and themes from oik-plugins.com ( FREE and Premium ) and bobbingwide.com ( bespoke )
- oik shortcodes server – for documentation of my shortcodes and APIs
- oik-bwtrace – for problem determination.
- oik-nivo-slider – especially now that it can display advanced HTML captions.
- oik-bob-bing-wide – a whole load of other shortcodes.
- diy-oik – Do It Yourself shortcodes
Recent additions to my favourites list
Are these really my favourite plugins? They’re the ones that I install most often, but I can’t really admit to loving them.
I stopped using Gravity Forms, disliked ACF and felt much the same about many of the plugins from WPMU dev!
Of the top 12 WordPress plugins ( see Twelve plugins of WordPress ) not already listed above
- I don’t have a need for contact-form-7
- I prefer Yoast SEO to all-in-one-seo-pack
- and Yoast SEO also negates the need for google-sitemap-generator
- I steer clear of nextgen-gallery, even though I’ve written logic in my oik-nivo-slider to display a NextGen gallery. NextGen considerably increases server execution time for just about every front-end request.
- wordpress-importer has its uses
- And so does wordfence, but I’m not a fan
- And I’m probably going to go off Google Analytics now its been rebranded.
- The jury is still pondering over caching plugins wp-super-cache over w3-total-cache
For other people’s top 5 see 40 WordPress community members share their 5 favourite plugins which links to wpkube: Best WordPress plugins