I focus most of my efforts into developing WordPress plugins for oik-plugins and bespoke plugins and themes for customers of bobbing wide.
- ReactJS, REST API.
- Drupal, C/C++
I formed my web design and web development company ( Bobbing Wide ) soon after retiring from IBM, where I’d developed software for 31 years.
Originally I focused on developing websites for small to medium businesses, mostly using Drupal and WordPress.
In 2011, I started developing WordPress plugins using the brand name of oik-plugins.
Many of the plugins are aimed at web designers, developers and power users.
There are now over 60 plugins, including oik, oik-nivo-slider, oik-weight-zone-shipping and the plugins that are the power behind wp-a2z.org: oik-fields, oik-types, oik-plugins, oik-themes, oik-shortcodes. And for the 2016 upgrade: oik-ajax, oik-batch, oik-ms.
Self employed since 2010
Working as Bobbing Wide and oik-plugins:
- Develop and support a range of advanced WordPress plugins, both bespoke and Open Source.
- Develop and support bespoke themes for customer sites.
- Contributor to WordPress core
- Develop and support the WordPress Dynamic API Reference suite of sites
Earlier career – June 1979 to October 2009
Senior Application Developer / IT Architect at IBM Global Services
- e-business integration specialist since 2003.
- Industries: Communications, Retail, Banking (FX), Energy and Utilities.
- Multi platform development.
Golf, Progressive Rock – especially Caravan, Cycling, Cats, Real Ale.
I live in Rowlands Castle with my wife and two cats.