The tools and programming languages I couldn’t be without.
- Languages: PHP and .bat files
- Graphics: GIMP 2.8.10
- Video: Camtasia Studio
- Email: Thunderbird
- Browsers: Chrome, Firefox + firebug, IE 10
- File compare: Beyond Compare
- ZIP: 7-ZIP file manager
- FTP: FileZilla
- Docs and spreadsheets: Open Office (now 4.0.1)
- MySQL: Server 5.6, phpMyAdmin 4.6.6
- Design and specification: Pencil and paper
Tools I no longer use (since Jan 2014)
When I changed development machines I did not reinstall all the tools I was previously using. I no longer have Object REXX installed. Which means I no longer have my super grepping tool. I’m slowly rewriting it in PHP.
- I no longer have access to Artisteer 3.5
- I run a customized version of Artisteer 4.1
- I tried Artisteer 4.2 but couldn’t make it do what I had done with Artisteer 4.1 so reverted to that.
- But now I’m in the middle of switching to the Genesis Framework
I haven’t yet reinstalled Safari and Opera.
- WordPress plugins
- Local development
- Server environments
- Development hardware
- WAMP configuration
- Tools and languages
- Version control
- What’s not in my development environment?
- Anything else in your development toolkit?