Yesterday, the Cheltenham WordPress Meetup was a series of Show and Tell talks. Along the lines of Lightning talks, these are talks of approximately 10 minutes, where individuals share something they’ve been working on. There were 7 talks planned:
- Richard Bell @Rich Bell demoed Ray and Background WordPress processing,
- Mark Wilkinson @wpmark demoed his Just In Time CSS,
- Elliott Richmond @erichmond showed us how to run Xdebug using Visual Code Studio, setting breakpoints, watching variables and changing values on the fly,
- Ross Wintle @magicroundabout demoed his new CSS and PHP based spam pixel plugin to block spam bots
- Keith Devon @keithdevon showed us his work on CSS grid for block based themes
- We ran out of time before @Jonnyauk had a chance to show his latest work with template parts ( PHP version not FSE ).
- and somewhere in the middle of it I talked about 3 plugins I’ve written to help visualise my server side performance: oik-bwtrace sb-chart-block and slog.
This post is the annotated version of the slides.