With the right plugin, creating a simple contact form should be almost as easy as typing
display contact form here
Over on bobbingwidewebdesign.com I reviewed 6 Contact Form plugins. Today, since my Gravity Forms Licence had expired again, I tried Ninja Forms as well.
It took me a while to get a working version. I eventually succeeded when I lowered my sights.
In the end the results weren’t much better than the simple contact form that comes as standard with my oik plugin.
How to create a simple contact form using oik
- Install and activate the oik base plugin
- Visit oik options > options and set a value for your email address:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/Email: email@example.com
- Create some content e.g. a new post or a page
- Somewhere within the content type
There, that wasn’t hard now was it?
- Enough fields to gather information from your site visitor.
- Name and Email are required fields.
- HTML5 validation.
- Spam checking using Akismet.
- Email sent to the content author.
- It’s also copied to the email given on the contact form.
- The email indicates the URL on which the form was completed.
- Default text for Submit button is “Contact me” if the
Contact mickfield is not completed.